Saturday, 19 May 2012

My Opinions On Every Pokémon Ever: 035, Clefairy to 038, Ninetails


Click here to read the previous volume: 029, Nidoran to 034, Nidoking.

(Early post this week! I'll be out on Sunday and might not be able to post, so I thought I'd chuck this online now.)

035: CLEFAIRY.
While Clefairy is kind of derpy and stupid looking, I feel it's a little unfair to hold that against any Pokémon. There are a lot of derpy and stupid looking Pokémon. Its blushy cheeks kind of annoy the heck out of me, but I suppose I don't really have any super duper major issues with it other than that.

I wish the Pokédex wasn't trying to convince me that I should adore it for its cuteness, though. Because uh. I'm just not seeing it. There are plenty of cuter Pokémon. Caterpie, for example.

036: CLEFABLE.

No. Clefable is dumb. Next question, please.

037: VULPIX.
Hey, speaking of Pokémon that are cuter than Clefairy, Vulpix is pretty magnificent. It's always been one of my top favourites. That could be just because I like foxes in general (this one time I saw one that knew what traffic lights meant, what a badass). The design is really nice - the tails are a good size in proportion to its body and the little bit of coiffured hair atop its head is kind of adorable.

Plus, I just kind of want to cuddle one forever and ever. I'd end up with a fire full of flames, granted, but it seems pretty much worth it to have a Vulpix.

038: NINETALES.
 Another really well designed Pokémon! Though it is a fitting evolution to Vulpix, it ditches the cuteness for dignity and grace and it does so very well. It looks pretty regal. Downright sugoi, even.

I like its creamy colouring, too. There are a lot of red and orange fire types, so it's a small departure from the standard and a welcome one at that. I suppose that cream is not extremely far from those colours (and it still has those red eyes and orange tail tips), but it's still nice enough to mention.

Both Vulpix and NinetaLEs seem to be based on the nine-tailed variation of mythological kitsune

No comments:

Post a Comment

You write things here. Love is good, flames are too.