Friday, 18 May 2012

Saving

To read the previous Scribbly, click here!

Saving money is hard.

"Rachel," you say.


"Do you have a job?"


I then proceed to ask if a job is a kind of tuna. You say no and I am quite disappointed.

You see, it's hard to save money when you don't really have an income stream. I suppose I could fix this by going out and getting a job. From the job tree. It's right next to the money tree, slightly south-west of the Fountain of Youth. You can't miss it.


It's also evergreen, so the job market is beautiful all year 'round. I imagine the job tree has pretty pink flowers, too. It just makes sense. Unfortunately, I bet I'd be too short to reach any good jobs if I was ever successful in this quest for the job tree.


The magical job tree isn't for me, I suppose.

So I have to save using alternate methods. Allowance money - which I am very grateful to get, by the way - and dribs and drabs from the world wide interwebs are my two ways of getting my hands on more dollars. As soon as I get the dollars, they go straight into the bank.

This then creates the problem of me being able to see the money as it slowly but surely begins to pile up in my account. I see that amount get over a hundred bucks and the gears in my head begin to whirr.



It becomes really, really hard to not buy shiny things. And the internet is full of shiny, shiny things.



Until I can become one with The eBay, however, I guess I will have to put up with not acquiring every shiny thing in existence.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You write things here. Love is good, flames are too.